Anatomy & Physiology Online Courses FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Over the years, we at Anatomy & Physiology Online Courses have been asked many questions about our Courses. Below we’ve listed those most frequently asked for your convenience. If your question isn’t answered here, then please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Frequently asked questions regarding Brighton Holistics.

I’ve called Anatomy and Physiology Online a few times but keep getting your answering machine? 

We don’t have a receptionist so during busy times we may not be able to come to the phone. If you leave a message we will always call you back, please make sure you leave your number.

What is the preferred payment method? 

Payments need to be made before your training day as detailed within the “Booking Terms and Conditions. Due to this our preferred payment method is with a card, or via PayPal.

Frequently asked questions regarding Training at Anatomy & Physiology Online Courses.

Is the course awarded by a nationally recognised awarding body?

It is very important to choose a course that leads to a nationally recognised qualification, awarded by an accredited awarding body. We offer nationally recognised qualifications from the International Therapy Examination Council (ITEC), Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) and FHT as they are a specialist awarding body in Beauty, Complementary Therapies, and Active Leisure.

Do I have to take an exam at the end of the course? 

Yes, you will be required to complete a mandatory written question paper.

If you are taking an ITEC or VTCT qualification your final assessment is completed by using Skype or Facetime. The assessor must invigilate you completing your final assessment paper. Taking your final assessment using this method means that you are not limited to assessment dates, making our course even more accessible for you! There is no waiting for your result – you know immediately.

This course is a 100% online course, no attendance necessary.

I have educational needs; will I be able to take the course? 

It is extremely important that the information you give us is complete and correct. If you require any help with learning, this needs to be declared at the time of booking. If you have an Educational Report Statement or an Educational Health Care Report/Plan, outlining your learning needs, this needs to be submitted prior to starting the course, so that the relevant help and support can be discussed and put in place. If we are not able to facilitate your requirements, we will work with you to help try find a suitable training school which will be able to facilitate your requirements.

English is not my first language; will I be able to take the course? 

If English is not your first language and you feel that you may have difficulties understanding parts of the course, please discuss this with us prior to the course so that we can help to make it as beneficial as possible for you. Please note that all training material is produced in English.

Will, I get a manual and certificate?

Training manuals will be downloadable to each learner via their online learning portal. These manuals will be available to download for 60 days once your course has started. It will be the learner’s responsibility to download and save the training manuals within this time. Manuals can be read on all devices.  Certification for your course will be emailed to you once you have met the learning outcomes.

Who are FHT?

The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) is the largest and leading professional association for therapists in the UK and Ireland.

Anatomy and Physiology Online recommends joining the FHT and taking out their insurance as they are the largest professional association for complementary therapists and will cover you for multi-disciplines, and allow you to be registered on the Professional Standards Authority (PSA) accredited register.

The Professional Standards Authority is an independent body accountable to Parliament, and oversees the UK’s nine statutory health and care regulatory bodies, including the General Medical Council and Nursing and Midwifery Council. It launched its Accredited Register programme under the Health and Social Care Act 2012, to accredited voluntary registers of professionals working in a variety of health and social care occupations that are not statutorily regulated, such as complementary therapy.

What is the difference between Certificate and Diploma?

Diplomas and certificates are awarded by accredited schools and colleges, to students who complete a course of study. These documents certify that the candidate has successfully completed the course, but they differ in a few aspects.

Certificates are issued by a school after attending an accredited course.

Diplomas provide more in-depth knowledge of the course you are studying and are of a longer duration than certificates. This normally entails completing case studies or reflective practice, attending an assessment etc.

When it comes to course fee, usually diploma fees are a little higher than certificate fees. That is because the diploma course takes longer and contains more admin i.e. marking, than a certificate course.

When it comes to employability, diplomas are more widely accepted than certificates. Sure, a certificate says you have some knowledge about a field, but diploma says you have an extensive knowledge about a field. Therefore, employers prefer diplomas to certificates.

However, the situation becomes confusing when some schools name their certification programs as diplomas. When faced with such a situation, it is important to make sure that your professional body and insurance recognise the course.  Also, you can check for the duration, fees, and coursework of the course to decide which path best suits you and your therapy portfolio.

What’s the difference between ITEC, FHT and VTCT? 

We offer three routes for qualifications, ITEC, VTCT and FHT.

ITEC and VTCT are the Government approved Awarding Bodies and FHT is the largest and leading professional association for complementary, beauty and sports therapy. ITEC and VTCT and now the same company.

FHT qualifications taught at Anatomy and Physiology Online follow the National Occupational Standards and Core Curricula in the UK, and the largest professional body complementary therapists.

The reason for working with three very high-profile organisations is to give you the learner the best options to suit your requirements.

The courses follow the same format, but the final assessment process is different.

All qualifications are an international, not just UK based.

What does VTCT mean? 

The Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) is a recognised awarding organisation and is listed as such here on the Ofqual register of regulated qualifications.

Ofqual regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England and vocational qualifications in Northern Ireland. It is their responsibility to ensure all learners get the results they deserve and that their qualifications are correctly valued and understood, now and in the future.

VTCT qualifications are an international, not just UK based.

What is the difference between City & Guilds, ITEC, CIBTAC, and VTCT? 

To answer the question simply…. Nothing!

Under new legislation all Awarding Organisations for NVQ type qualifications offer the same credit value, same course content, same GLH and same purpose. Therefore, each qualification using these criteria should be exactly the same for each Awarding Organisation.

What is the difference between ITEC and VTCT? 

The Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) announced that, as of 8 November 2016, it has acquired EMS Limited which trades as ITEC.

Currently, VTCT’s assessment model is based on the competency model and continuous assessment, meaning that the centre provides the assessors. This means that the centre has more control over the assessment process and total input into the assessment decisions. An internal verifier quality assures the process and VTCT externally samples 10% of the assessments.

The VTCT model is based on trust and is reliant on the integrity of the centre and their assessors. VTCT and education centres work in partnership to quality assure the course.

ITEC is 100% externally examined and so the centre has no input whatsoever in the assessment decisions which are made based on practical and written examinations at the end of the course, conducted by an ITEC External Examiner.

As of October 1st 2015, Ofqual, the regulator, have made changes to the framework that regulated qualifications. Regulated qualifications, will have RQF (Regulated Qualification Framework) on the end instead of QCF (Qualifications Credit Framework).

All RQF qualifications are written collaboratively by all awarding bodies and VTCT and ITEC work very closely together, so our qualifications are identical.

The assessment model is the defining factor (i.e. if you want continuous assessment) – VTCT or if you want an end loaded external examinations – ITEC.

Many centres choose to offer both VTCT and ITEC as they complement each other very well.

So really it is down to your preference, it’s a bit like the Coke and Pepsi scenario.

Some people like Coke and some like Pepsi, some people like ITEC and some VTCT.

Both qualifications are internationally recognised.